Sweet Disorder Vintage
1940s Orchid Purple Crepe Dress
- Size: Small/ Medium
- Condition: Very good
- Stunning 1940s orchid purple crepe midi dress
- Dramatic puffed sleeves, high neckline, shirred bodice and paneled skirt
- Covered buttons adorn the sleeves and a pretty handmade floral spray adorns the neckline
- Original belt with Deco fabric covered buckle
- Rayon crepe fabric
- Made by a skillful home seamstress in the 1940s
- Covered buttons at the back of the neck
- Dress slips on overhead with no side opening
- Flat Measurements~ Shoulders 12" Chest 18" Waist 15" Hip 21" Length 41"
- Belt currently fits a 30" waist but can easily be taken in to fit smaller
- Shown on size XS with belt clipped to fit
- Very good condition with no damage, significant staining or alterations. Minor discoloration on the buttons at the back of the neck as well as the surrounding fabric. Minor discolorations on the belt and at the underarms. Wear to the fabric flowers at the neckline. Freshly cleaned and ready to wear. Wonderful condition for an 80 year old dress of this color as purple dyes are the most susceptible to change with age
- An heirloom treasure in a fabulous shade with all of the matching pieces still present
Sweet Disorder Vintage ships worldwide. All items are shipped within 2-5 business days.
International Shipping rates vary, depending on weight & country. Several international shipping options are available at checkout including DHL. USPS First Class International service is available but please be advised we cannot be held responsible for lost or delayed packages if you choose this option. Sweet Disorder Vintage is not responsible for any duty, customs or other charges for taxes or clearance purposes.
International orders $500 and up are shipped via DHL only.
Domestic Orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (tracking) and are generally delivered between 3-7 business days. If you require expedited service, signature confirmation or insurance above $100 please select an upgraded option at checkout.
Expedited Shipping is available at checkout and rates are determined by weight.
Signature confirmation is added for all orders $500 and up.
Sweet Disorder Vintage is not responsible for delays due to shipping carriers or customs.
Sweet Disorder Vintage is not liable for lost or stolen packages.
All sales final, no returns or cancellations.
Because of the unique nature of vintage items, all items are final sale. If there is a problem with your order, please contact us via email.
WE DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The flat measurements in the product description are the actual measurements of the garment when laid flat. Double the chest, waist and hip measurements for an idea of fit. Please remember to allow a little "space" in a garment beyond your body measurements for ease and a good fit.
If you are uncertain about fit you can measure a similar garment you own that fits you well and compare the measurements with the product. You can use the image below as a guide.